Psi Chi is the national honor society in psychology. A chapter of Psi Chi was established at Mississippi State in 1991. Admission to Psi Chi is based on high academic achievement, and you will be invited to join if you're qualified. Students in Psi Chi are involved in professional activities related to psychology and are committed to contributing to their discipline in a significant way.
The purpose of Psi Chi is to advance the science of psychology and to encourage, stimulate, and maintain scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology.
The requirements are:
• be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature
• have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework
• have completed at least 9 semester credit hours or equivalent of psychology courses
• have earned a cumulative GPA that is in the top 35% of their class (sophomore, junior, or senior) compared to their classmates across the entire university or the college that houses psychology (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
• have a minimum 3.0 GPA average for psychology courses
Undergraduate Transfer Students
• If the new institution transfers both credits and grades: follow the same requirements as the undergraduate student applicants
• If the new institution transfers credits but not grades: complete at least 12 semester credit hours and 9 psychology credit hours or equivalent at the new institution
Transfer students who are already members of Psi Chi
• may select to contact the Psi Chi faculty advisor at the new institution to complete an online transfer of membership form
President: Andi Durham email@example.com (top middle)
Vice President: Noelle Patterson firstname.lastname@example.org (bottom right)
Secretary: Erin Bailey email@example.com (top right)
Treasurer: Tyreek Jones firstname.lastname@example.org (bottom left)
Outreach Coordinator: Clarke Lerner email@example.com (top left)
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Hossein Karimi