- Professor Emeritus; Department Head 1990-2010
Ph.D. Rutgers University, 1971
- B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1968
- M.S., Rutgers University, 1969
- Ph.D., Rutgers University, 1971
- The biological basis of learning and memory and constraints and predispositions on food preferences and aversions.
- Early research included investigations of aversive conditioning and flavor aversion learning.
- Co-writes and edits textbooks on biological psychology and learning and memory.
Klein, S. B. (1982). Motivation: Biosocial approaches. New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company.
Klein, S. B. & Mowrer, R. R. (1989). Contemporary learning theories: Pavlovian conditioning and the status of traditional learning theory. Hillside, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Klein, S. B. & Mowrer, R. R. (1989). Contemporary learning theories: Instrumental conditioning and biological constraints on learning. Hillside, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Klein, S. B. (1994). Aprendizaje: Principios y aplicaciones (Sequnda edicion). Madrid: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company (Spanish translation of Learning: Principles and applications).
Klein, S. B. (2000). Biological psychology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall Publishing Company.
Mowrer, R. R. & Klein, S. B. (2001). Handbook of Contemporary learning theories. Mawrah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Publisher.
Klein, S. B. (2002). Learning: Principles and applications (4/e). New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company.
Klein, S. B. & Thorne, B. M. (In press). Biological Psychology (2/e). New York: Worth Publishing Company.